Sunday 13 November 2016

Bloggin' @ The Blythswood

Hi guys! We are well into the Christmas count down, are you all set or festively running late? I hope you all had a fab weekend, I had an overnight stay at the Blythswood Hotel in Glasgow and you know I just had to take you guys with me! I know you have been requesting places to stay in Glasgow so lets start here..

After a long day at work on Friday, Dean and I were more than looking forward to our overnight. Check in was at 3 however we didn't check in till 6 due to work. Approaching the hotel in the car, it's stunning! A great building and piece of architecture. The hotel offers valet service but with us being a little bit later than planned, we parked outside the hotel. There are plenty of spaces if you don't want to take the valet service which is great if you are driving. If you are arriving by train, both Queen Street and Central Station are about a half mile walk, if that's not for you, you can hop in a taxi! The reception area is the first thing you see inside a hotel and the Blythswood is perfectly chic. They have two velvet seating caves which I was just obsessed with - amazing!! Service with a smile at the desk as we waited a few moments for our room key.



We were staying in a superior room which ticked all the boxes; cosy, modern and had every amenity you need. We were greeted in the most warmest manner with this little sweet tray and message. It was a little gesture which was priceless, it set us up for the amazing night ahead of us. I loved the set up of the room, seating at the front of the bed, plenty of storage room for longer stays, flat screen and a well packed mini fridge. The bed was a dream, unbelievably soft and feathery. The bathroom was floor to wall marble - obsessed! Some hotels offer you bath with a shower above or sometimes just one or the other. The Blythswood lived up to its 5 star rating and had both as well as a vanity area with every necessity. The room was faultless in every way. The only thing we had a small issue with was trying to work the air con which we really should have asked about so that's a fault on our part. Stunning room!





We had a reservation in the restaurant for 7.30. Another warm welcome upon arriving and led straight to our table. We had a spacious booth which we loved, big but very intimate. The restaurants general mood was chic and elegant. In view of the cocktail bar and the staff making them adds modern edge. We had water along with a choice of bread and butter whilst our drinks were being made. Being the low key queen I am(lol) I asked for a bahama mama, a cocktail which wasn't on the list but the staff went out their way to make one up for me. Situations like that really make you feel special and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we both felt that way. After ordering our starters, we were brought over amuse bouche. Imacculately presented and equally as tastey. I oredered the Blythswood prawn cocktail and Dean had scallops with tiny chicken wings which were delicious! For my main I had stake fritties with pepercorn sauce - medium well. Dean had the fillet with chips and honey veg - medium. Both dishes were simply amazing - so amazing that we had no room for desert. Overall, the restraunt exceeded itself, a different class! Special mention to the restraunt manager Steven for his flawless hospitality, true professionalism. 



We decided to finish off the night in the hotel bar 'The Salon'. With a winding staircase leading up to this hip bar, the 5 star class shines through. Again, intimate seating which we both loved and outstanding service. We had two complimentary glasses of fizz and decided to get a little experimental with our drinks. Other than when were at tgi's, we aren't familiar with cockatails. The staff paid attention to detail to find out what we like, what type of flavours and were able to offer what they thought we would have liked. Great suggestions which were warmly received, not so much by our heads the following morning...



Having ordered our breakfast the night before, it arrived right on time at 9am. Looking back at these pictures make me feel hungry, it was scrumptious. You can go downstairs to the breakfast buffet, but we much prefer our home comforts and nestled on the seats at the bottom of the bed - cheers!



After breakfast we got into our swimming attire and headed to the award winning spa. The reception was so serene, we couldn't wait to try the thermal experience. With different rooms to take your body through a whirlwind of temperatures and awaken your senses, I can't think of a better way to start off the day. If I could do this everyday I would, it was the best thing about our stay. We both left so relaxed and energized, the perfect end to a magnificent stay. I'd like to add how clean the spa is, there wasn't a single bit that was anyway dirty. 

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It has something for everyone and in great location in Glasgow. In the ever changing and popular City of Glasgow, this hotel is a hotspot and quite rightly. The Salon bar alone hosts a bustle of people at weekends. With the hotels popularity, if I had to con anything it would be the lifts - due to its popularity you could wait a few minutes unless you take the stairs which is much easier. But if that is the only con because of how busy it is, it is totally etched out. Flawless start to finish! I know some of my readers are coming to Glasgow for certain Hydro concerts, just to make you aware, this hotel offers dinner and a bus to and from your concert for £25 which I'm completely blown away with. A fantastic price for the quality of food you receive believe me. I'd like to thank Fiona for looking after us and the high standard of professionalism she gave us, you are a star!!

Well guys there you have it, for everyone that was interested, check out the website for anything further you would like to know. Trust me, you will be more than looked after at this hotel! I will be back later on in the week with a new post but for now, have a great day! Until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Email/Collabs - kerryobx@hotmail.com
Blythswood Square Website

47 comments:

  1. OH wow. Looks like you got a great spot in Glasgow! As for festivities, I leave planning to the last minute (dec 23rd and 24th lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! Festivities wise, getting SO EXCITED - Christmas is such a magical time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look like a really nice spot. Obviously, a good meal can be found nearby, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blythswood Hotel looks like an absolute win. Love the little extra touches like making you the cocktail that you wanted. The food looks superb as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an awesome place for a quick getaway. And yes, we are in the think of the Christmas countdown already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks gorgeous! My tummy is rumbling from the food photos too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous place! I am loving how the hotel rooms atmosphere looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely visit, thank you. If I'm ever over that way, I would surely enjoy this hotel. Spa daily? me too, me too. ;) Glad you had a getaway and again, thanks for bringing all of us along... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful hotel! Makes me itchy to get back to Glasgow for another weekend!

    Samantha xo | Blended To Perfection

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks remarkable, and I love both the bedroom and bathroom portion of the guest rooms. Also, the spa... but who wouldn't love that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hotel room is beautiful, if I'm ever traveling to Glasgow I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This hotel looks gorgeous! And the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an wonderful hotel and wonderful moment you had with your loves one. The hotel room is indeed so chic and cozy look. The foods are looks so Super and delicious. Looks like that you had super fun time. Thanks for sharing dear.

    Kintan XO,
    http://kintanfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys seems had a very good time staying there! Love the interiors, looks very classy! Thanks for sharing it! I wish to visit Glasgow some day!

    Cheers, Eliza | www.fashion-confession.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The place looks stunning and the food so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a wonderful hotel. We stayed in Glasglow a few years back and really enjoyed our time there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks a lovely hotel and the food looks pretty amazing too! It's handy being in the centre of Glasgow as well for the shops and nightlife. £25 is a really good deal for a meal and a bus to a concert. Will check them out next time we head down to Glasgow.

    The Life of Dee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great stay :) Spending time together somewhere is always a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its great when you get to stay in a hotel which lives up to its word. The Blythwood in Glasgow seems wonderful. It looks really cosy and festive too. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like you had a great evening. the food looks great

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful room. I would love to stay in a hotel with my hubby and son. Great idea for spending time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That room looks so cosy. Would love to visit Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, you can't beat an evening in bonnie Scotland. Fabulous place Glasgow and your hotel looked lovely www.thecornishhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks a lovely place to stay I have never been to Scotland but its on my places to visit. www.callmeliz.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything are looks perfect. The hotel room so pretty and the food looks super delicious and make me really hungry.

    Kintan XO,
    http://kintanfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This place is just perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glasgow is one of the places I attend to visit. This hotel seems lovely and I think the spa is my favorite thing about it. Going every morning in the spa would be something I would want too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, what a lovely hotel. I too love the decor and the food looks incredible. I want to be there, right now! Great post, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was a great afternoon read. Sounds like you had an amazing time and the food looks so good. I need to order something for dinner now.

    Fatima | www.blogsbyfa.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hotel & the food looks absolutely amazing! Would be great to visit there some day :-)

    ~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like a great hotel in Glasgow and the food looks great too, would be great to stay there sometime =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like a lovely place, will definitely keep it in mind for Glasgow trips.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this hotel!! I'm based in Glasgow - my friend and I love going here for afternoon tea. Never spent the night there though - the rooms look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, I would love to stay there! That food looks fantastic and the beds look insanely comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! Very nice! I love reading positive hotel room reviews, it's so important to feel welcomed wherever you stay on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like a lovely place to visit! Oh and the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've never been to Glasgow but heard it's lovely, would love to go! The food here looks amazing and the room looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The best thing we can have when traveling is a warm welcome and a great hotel. Looks like The Blythswood is a wonderful hotel with great service. The tray with sweet assortment is really special.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow!! It looks like an amazing place! I love all about this review!! Well done ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, I haven't yet thought of Christmas - should do it as it will be here so soon! Never been to Glasgow even though I have a friend who's from there and heard so much about it and how great city it is!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have never been to Glasgow, but it sure looks great! This hotel looks amazing and so does the food!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Se manifique views! Love the photo journal & descriptions. the Blythswood Hotel is a total gem and you're so lucky! i would looooove to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looks fabulous. My mouth is watering at all the food photos.

    ReplyDelete
  44. looks like you and a great time!! The ambience of the hotel looks amazing! nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This looks so good and I love your photography too! Will remember this if I plan to visit Glasgow.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looks like a lovely hotel to vacation in, I lovd the ambiance. There's a lot of good food as well. Definitely considering staying here!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! Looks like some fabulous food and a beautiful place. I would definitely consider staying there.

    ReplyDelete