Tuesday 21 June 2016

Foundation Hall of Fame

Hello my loves!! I hope you all had an amazing weekend, I know I did. A week on Friday until I am in sunny Barcelona, can't wait for it. I have received emails asking what brands I will be wearing, what do I take with me when I travel so I will be doing a 'what's in my suitcase' post and I have quite a few gems in store! Now on to today, highlight may have became the most important part of make up routines but we all need a good base. I have the who's who of foundations, both high end and high street, I've tried and tested most out there so I've decided to rack up what I like, what I didn't and what I have in mind to buy(hopefully in Barcelona)!! So if you are planning on buying a new foundation, let's get started..



GIORGIO ARMANI LUMINOUS SILK
After using this for the first time, I don't want to be without it! This foundation is one that has a lot of hype, which doesn't always make it good which I will explain later, but this was worth the hype and more - it's amazing!!! It goes on soo smoothly, it's build able and really does feel like silk as cheesy as it sounds. Its a favourite amongst the Kardashians who wear it with nearly every make up application, especially Kim, but it's also been used on many campaigns and catwalks. It does have a hefty price tag and unless something is worth it, I personally think anything over £25 is unjustifiable for foundation. With that said, this is 100% worth the money, the bottle lasts for ages and I swear once you use it, you won't want to wear ANY other foundation. It can be an everyday foundation for sure as it is build able, but if you would rather keep it for special occasions too, then that's perfectly fine. So guys this is my number 1 high end foundation - flawless!!



ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR
As I've mentioned before, I have combination skin. I normally feel my skin can go dryer when the weather changes and like everyone else, when I'm in the heat, my skin needs to hydration! This foundation was hyped up, everyone was raving about it so before I went to Vegas a few years back I bought this as soo many people told me it was fantastic - it so let me down. I was so frustrated that I paid what I did for it and was absolutely disappointed with it. I felt it went on cakey as if my face was dirty, after being on for about an hour, it started going the horrible greasy/shiny way even after applying powder. After trying it that once in Vegas and being let down, I thought I'd try it at home and give it a second chance but again I just didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I know a few girls who wear it and it looks lovely, but they have the lighter shades so I'm not sure if it's the darker shades that look cakey. I know people still rave about it so I don't want to put anyone off, but for me, I was disappointed with it.



URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN
I had a sample of this foundation and I was so pleasantly surprised with it that I bought it. Again, it's build able, if I'm having a down day when I can't really be bothered doing a full face, this is what I go to. One layer gives me a nice glow and it's pretty perfect. I'm pretty sure this doesn't have an spf, so just be cautious if you wear it on holiday etc but it really is such a nice foundation. They have a lot of shades with different undertones for whatever your skin needs. I got this for under £20, great price for a higher end product.



MAX FACTOR 3 IN 1
Do you every have one of those days when you really can't be bothered doing all the steps one after another, this foundation makes everything possible in one application. I bought this thinking it would save me time, thinking I would use it on down days but I was pleasantly surprised. It gives my skin a nice glow which I love and a dewy finish. If I ever have a little spot or have the redness after one, this covers it completely without having to use any concealer. It became a favourite in my family with my mum and sister, it's just so good. I went through a stage of using this all of the time. My sister has dry skin and it soothes that so beautifully and has an amazing finish. So happy with this, its one of my number 1 high street foundations, give it a try I know you will all love it girls!!



LOREAL TRUE MATCH
You can go wrong with this foundation, it is absolutely amazing value for money and my other number 1 high street foundation. They have a shade for everyone literally, you can get it in pretty much every country, it's been used on the catwalks and can stand beside any higher end foundation. It's build able, it has great coverage and it lasts all day. I always find myself going back to this one and I'm not mad about it. If your on a budget this is a must, I will forever be obsessed with this!



ILLAMASQUA SKIN BASE
I had a small sample of this foundation some time ago and I loved the finish. You guys know in a huge fan of illamasqua so I'm pretty surprised that I haven't bought a big bottle of this yet, so I'm going to mark this down on my wish list. They have a hall of different shades, you will be stuck for choice and if you are someone who buys a lighter shade but wear darker when you have done your tan, they do give you a little mix which I think is great. I've never been at an illamasuqa stand where they haven't went the extra mile. Great price and even better product!!



MARC JACOBS RE(MARC)ABLE FOUNDATION
This is one for my wish list, I haven't used it before but I've heard nothing but praises for it. So I can't really comment much on this, but when I'm in Barcelona I will be picking up a sample from Sephora to see what I think about it. I am very weary as I'm not the biggest fan of Marc Jacobs perfume so I'm hoping this isn't a let down.

Have you guys tried any of these foundations? What is your favourite foundation, on my list or not? I have only squeezed a few into this post as I could be here all day naming them all and giving my opinion so feel free to ask me about a foundation and I will let you know what I think. I have a new Instagram competition starting soon so stay tuned! Have a great day guys, until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Collabs/Emails - kerryobx@hotmail.com

35 comments:

  1. Oh I totally need a new foundation! I tried the HD foundation from Makeup Forever, which was OK but it made my skin look a bit oily. I've heard good things about the Marc Jacob one! Better check it out! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great overview!I really like silky foundations since they don't get into creases after a few hours, making you look 5 years older than in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Giorgio Armani bug the illamasqua I found too heavy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Chanel perfection lumiere. The other foundations however are not bad either especially Giorgio Armani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of the Giorgio Armani foundation! At the moment, I wear YSL Le Teinte Touche Eclat as it is so light and gives a lovely, dewy finish.

    Rosie | www.rosieromance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Smashbox's foundation--have you tried it? It's great for a photo-finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used Estee Lauder Double Wear for a very long time and it was great for me! ;-) I had a very positive experience. Now I'm using Clinique foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I hope you have fun in Barcelona hun, the Estee Lauder double wear is meant to be really good, I was recommended it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love all of these foundations although i find illamasqua very heavy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect timing as i'm looking for a new foundation and so I have a few brands to consider. I like the ones in the bottle liquid foundations best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the once over on these. I find foundation the most difficult part of makeup to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like the are very close to skin tone and natural color. In this case how are they used to modify the skin appearance? Curious. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried a few foundations but for me, Clinique is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the shades I want. Loreal True Match has been a very practicable yet charming choice of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't use foundation myself because I feel like my face is heavy. These suggestions though sound great and will definitely check out what's perfect for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome list! I don't really use foundation but it's good to have a list like this for reference. I think each one of them deserve to be up there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard so much about the double wear by estee lauder! I am yet to try it though. I haven't found my holy grail foundation yet so will definately try these out! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post.thank you for sharing ☺ have a nice day.


    Lifestyleandso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. UD Naked Skin is perfect! Bit pricey though, but perfect. ❤️ Hey, have great time in Barcelona!

    <3: Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Make up isn't something I'm all that familiar with, they're pricey, plus mostly, I'm lazy. Haha. Glad my partner doesn't care about it either (that's what he says at least)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to try the Urban Decay Naked foundation but you have just enlightened me that it doesn't have SPF. Being in Australia SPF is a must in my foundations and tinted moisturisers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post is such perfect timing because I'm on the hunt for a foundation. It's always so hard finding something moisturizing that matches my skin tone. Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow thanks for all the tips. I don't wear much makeup so to be honest I don't know where to start when it comes to foundation, highlight, concealer etc. But your post was really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never tried any expensive foundation, but I am now falling in love with Asian makeup & skin care. Currently having a Shiseido BB Cream and aiming for other ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I actually just got the G. Armani, I've been using the Dior silk and its great but im in a need for a change and I've heard some awesome reviews in this one

    Loves from Sun & http://likesocharming.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't really use foundation because I am lucky to have a flawless skin. I usually just put BB cream on my face, for hydration and SPF. From your list however, I think I would choose the Urban Decay products. I have a make up palette from them and its simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the light versions such as BB and CC ones. One of my favourite is definitely the CC cream from Peter Thomas Roth - worth trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really want to try the Marc Jacobs foundation! I have read that is a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have tried GIORGIO ARMANI LUMINOUS SILK and loved it! It looks amazing on my skin~

    ReplyDelete
  30. i liked the way you have titled the post. Unfortunately for a very sensitive skin, I am not allowed to put on any make up and have no use for foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I watch my girlfriend use foundation all of the time, and I can never understand its significance. And there are so many different ones, it's overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Facefinity by MaxFactor is one of my choices for regular days too - it does wonders indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm a MAC fan but I love Marc Jacobs lipsticks. I thick when my MAC runs out I will try Marc Jacobs!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I used Max Factor 3 in 1 a few months ago and I love it ever since. On the other hand, I'd like to try other foundation that you recommended here, maybe Giorgio Arman Luminous Silk.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It is so nice to have a comparison of all the foundations. Choosing a new one is so difficult, but the Gorgio Arman sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete