Monday 22 February 2016

Fake It Till You Make It!

Hello loves! Hope your week has started off amazingly!! Today's post is all about fake tan. I've been asked by those who follow me on social media what is my go to self tan so I thought I would make a list of all my favourites and share it with you guys..


I couldn't just whittle it down to one tan. It just depends on how tan I want to be. First of all I'll start with what I use on my face. When I was younger I used to paste on whatever tan was close at hand, however now I'm older, I'm pickier. James Read sleep mask tan is the ONLY tan I use on my face. My skin can get irritated easily and as I've got older some tans would go darker on my face compared to my body or it would break me out. Sleep mask tan is heaven in a bottle! It's a little pricey but worth every penny and you only need a small amount, so it will last for a while! Apply it just like you would your moisturiser. It is clear which I know some people like tan to go on with a guide, but I can honestly say I've never had an issue with streaking and it gives you such a natural glow. It's not orange or cakey in the slightest which you can find with tan on the face. It also doesn't transfer onto your pillow so clean sheets all round. I could go on and on about this product until the cows come home but seriously have a try and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed!! All hail James Read!!
Link - http://www.jamesreadtan.com/overnight/sleep-mask-tan-face


Second up is Xen Tan dark lotion. I have been using this for about 4 years. Used by Gok Wan, Duncan James and Una Healy to name a few, everything about this tan ticks the boxes. First of all, the smell is my favourite out of any tan. I can't really explain it, there's been times I've thought it smells kinda coconut-y, but it's a sweet smell which is pleasant compared to the biscuit like smell some tans give off. Secondly, it has a guide on colour which helps you to spot any bits you've missed and prevent streaks. Even though I use the dark, once you jump in the shower, it gives you a lovely bronze colour which is refreshing. It has a nice undertone which makes you look more tan than orange if that makes sense? It's a must have and I always have a bottle of it at hand, it never fails!
Link - https://www.xen-tan.co.uk/products/see_all/xen-tan_dark_lotion/


Next up is Crazy Angel. I use the 8% DHA midnight kiss. This tan again had a great scent and colour. I normally use this tan if I want to be a little darker. What I like doing with this tan when I'm on holiday for the first few days, is mix a little of it with my moisturiser and it makes me a subtle brown colour. It fades well and doesn't leave you patchy which is another love about this tan. It's also great value for money and doesn't cost a fortune. One bottle lasts ages! If you like being extra tan then this is definitely for you, so give it a try, it's a bargain!
Link - http://www.crazy-angel.co.uk/Crazy-Angel/Midnight-Kiss-8-DHA-Tanning-Lotion.aspx


Next is pretty much everyone's holy grail tan, St Tropez! One of my loves of this tan is that it is effective yet subtle. It's not cakey, orange or brown, it looks just like a holiday tan minus the sun! I feel like I don't need to talk this tan up, the tan speaks for itself and has been on many runways including the most enviable Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I use the classic bronzing mousse, it's just delightful!!
Link - http://www.sttropeztan.co.uk/self-tan-classic-bronzing-mousse-240ml/


Last but not least, Sienna X instant bronzing gel. I recently purchased this and I've fell in love, especially for last minute tan emergencies. What I notice about some instant tans is they can have a reddish undertone, which isn't ideal when you want to look tan and not like a lobster! It goes on evenly, no streaks and once applied, your ready to go. On the occasions I have used this, it hasn't stained my clothes or anything which is always a plus with a white outfit! I'm new to the Sienna X products but they have everything from tan prep down to mitts. I'm looking forward to trying some more of their stuff, I love the colour!
Link - http://sienna-x.co.uk/product/instant-bronzing-gel-200ml

Honourable mentions have to go to my teenage must haves - St Moritz and Rimmel Sun Shimmer. I'm sure 90% of girls have used these tans over the years and they don't need an introduction. Always good if you are on a budget!

Thank you for requesting this post and giving me the chance to let me share some of my beauty secrets. If there are any products you haven't tried, give them a chance and let me know what you think of them. As always guys, get in touch and let me know what you want to see. Have a great night!

Kx

Email - kerryobx@hotmail.com
Instagram - kerryobyrne

No comments:

Post a Comment