Tuesday 10 May 2016

BAFTAS : Fashion And Fouls

Hi guys! Hope you are all well. I forgot to mention last week, thanks to my readers who managed to purchase one of my liquid lipsticks. They were sold out pretty quickly which I was delighted with! 2 more colours are in the works, so I will post information when they are ready. Now onto fashion, as any red carpet, I was glued to see who dressed to impress and who didn't, so let's get started..


The fashion on the carpet this year was actually to a high standard, I watched with my mum and we were both on the same page with what we liked and what we didn't. First off, one of my favourites of the night was Suranne Jones. She wowed in this black gown with embellished neck. Everything about this look was done well, she always looks fantastic on the carpet and again she didn't disappoint this year. Plus, can we all appreciate that shes not long had a baby, and she looks incredible. Simple yet stand out. Obsessed, thanks Suranne!


I had to squeeze this beauty in! Now I'm not crazy about the dress, it is nice however I would like to see her showing off that amazing figure a bit more. But let's be honest, it's Michelle Keegan, she could show up in a bin bag and pretty much steal the show. Her hair and make up is on point, shes got the holiday glow with her just returning from South Africa, she did stun us all. I would just like to see her in something maybe a bit tighter to show off her figure but the elegant look worked for her. Ps, anyone else notice how unhappy she and Mark looked??!


Miss Caroline Flack pull through!! How bloody amazing does she look? I know jumpsuits on the red carpet aren't everyones cup of tea, but when it's done right, it 100% works. Head to toe I had no complaints, everything was done perfectly. I know she had a bit of trouble with the splits and the wind, but she worked it like a pro. The shoes were a great choice as was the YSL mini quilted clutch. Literally nothing more to say, she looked amazing!


Kara Tointon had every head turning. A far cry from her character she once played in Eastenders, she was like an elegant butterfly just floating along the carpet. I think the plunging neckline can be a dangerous look, especially on a red carpet. Small boobs have as much chance as popping out than the bigger busts, but she looked flawless. I love the colour, I love her hair, perfect again from head to toe! Pull through Kara!


Miss Georgia May looked stunning as always! The dress was very flattering to her figure and made her look a little curvy in the right places. I think the earrings set the look off, especially with her hair in a middle shed and scraped back. She always pulls it out the bag on the carpets, and she doesn't show sign of stopping. Love the look, even though I'm still mad about her dumping Sean Ward - not cool!!


My first worst dressed goes to Sam Faiers. I think the look would maybe work for a first communion, but definitely not red carpet standard. I actually watched her live walking the carpet and the skirt made her look about 10 sizes bigger than what she is. I honestly don't know whats going on with the skirt, its puffy in all the wrong places. The shirt wasn't wow either. I see what she is trying to do, but it didn't work. Very unflattering.


Fearne no no no!!! Her face and hair are beautiful, but the dress is just disastrous! She is still young and this dress screams 19th century. She reminds me of Calamity Jane before she falls in the crick!!! Don't know what she or her stylist was thinking. Yellow lace as well, was pretty random. I love her but it really didn't work! Off you pop little bo peep.


Alesha is normally one of my favourites on the carpet, I don't know if it was the material of this dress, but it was majorly unflattering!! She has an amazing body and I'm not body shaming in any way, but I seen her doing an interview on the carpet, and side on, it made her stomach look big. As I said, I don't know if it was the material of the dress, but it really didn't do her justice! I think with the cross top as well, it pulled her skin in and at times it looked like she had wrinkles but its not the case. Love love love Alesha but this really didn't do her amazing figure justice, not thrilled with the colour either! 


Rochelle was another who suprised me. I thought the dress was unflattering for her just the same as Alesha. Chokers are very in style at the moment, but this looks like it may actually be choking her! Again, another girl with an amazing figure but it just didn't do her justice. I love the white and gold, thought they mixed very well and she looked beautiful, but the dress done her no favours, was very sad about that.

So who was your best and worst?! Get in touch! I wish you all an amazing day, until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Collabs/Email - kerryobx@hotmail.com

22 comments:

  1. Lets say Im a bit weak in knowing and recognizing the celebs. But it was nice to read about them in your blog. I just became a little bit more wiser. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your choices 100%! Alesha looks as though someone stuffed her in a glove and then vomited all over her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on Michelle Keegan, she would look great in anything she wears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best Kara Tointon and the worst Caroline Flack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgia was so beautiful I didn't even recover from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice red carpet review... most of those dresses look beautiful! I wish I had a chance to wear something amazing like that... On a side note, I cannot believe I don't know who those celebrities are, lol I'm out of touch with the whole famous/ celebrity life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg fabulous attire!!!!! The only thing I enjoy about anything awards-like or red carpet is the fashion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alesha's dress would be so much prettier I think in a different fabric. All of these dresses are pretty just some of them stood out in a better way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooool! That yellow dress...Anyway, nice round up. I have to disagree, I think that last white dress makes her look great. I don't usually follow the red carpet, but maybe she has looked better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suranne Jones's stunning black dress was absolutely my favorite dress of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have picked some amazing dresses. But my favorite is Kara Tointon, turning every head!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many amazing outfits, my favorite is Suranne Jones

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't say I love either of those yellow dress options either. I don't know if it's the color or the styling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually like Rochelle's dress it is beautiful and flattering. I love Kara's dress it is stunning and Michelle's dress is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't follow the Bafta's but from what I see in your post... oh my, there are some big outfit disasters out there.I think that no matter how your body looks like, you shouldn't reveal that much skin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not know who any of these people are! But I agree that Suranne Jones looks beautiful. I love her necklace on her dress. And I do not like that Calamity Jane yellow dress at all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There were wows and no-nos! My favourite was the same as yours - that black dress is gorgeus, simple and elegant. Both yellow ones were absolutely big no-nos. Well and also that white shirt outfit. It's funny how people with money and stylist around can even go wrong! I always love to see what peopel are wearing in big happenings like thi :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Suranne Jones - I think she's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. San Faiers was my least favourite too but I didn't think it was awful. They set the standard really high this year. Usually there's at least one where you think what on earth?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't really know anything about celebrities and it's hard for me to recognize these ladies. I don't know Alesha but she looks like supertan (not in a nice way). - Allan Liwanag

    ReplyDelete
  22. i agree Sam Faiers's dress was a totally miss but that last white one worn by Rochelle was bomb.I thought it looked great on her..

    ReplyDelete