Tuesday 17 May 2016

Cop The Red Carpet - Cannes

Hi loves! The Cannes film festival is underway, it kicked off on the 11th of May and will run until the 22nd. The looks we have seen this year have been spectacular, so here is my favourites so far..


LOTTIE MOSS
I've always loved red on the red carpet and Lottie brought me all the red goodness I hoped for. Such an elegant look, I love the whole look head to toe. There's something about Cannes, I love the blue skies and palm trees in the background. It was the perfect length too and the train was just enough to be effective. Love this, clean and elegant -YES!


DARIA STROKOUS
All of the amazing-ness coming from Daria on day 6. She has the ideal body for a dress like this and that goes without saying. I love the colour and the design and it fits her body like a glove. She has definitely redeemed herself from last year with the purple fluffy disaster. One of my best looks of the day for sure!!


KENDALL JENNER
Can't NOT mention the biggest model of the moment right?! Everything about this look was done to a T. I've always loved how natural Kendall is with her make up, not that she isn't wearing a lot of it, but she doesn't go with a heavy contour, her eyes are always the focal point, and her skin looks dewy and flawless. I love Kendall walking the carpets but I hate it at the same time, its soul destroying how well she slays. If I had to be super picky and choose something that is wrong with it, the earrings could maybe have been a bit shorter especially as its a high neck dress.


ARAYA HARGATE
At first I was like, is this the most fabulous bed sheet you have seen, but after she hit the pose it was pull through miss Araya! I love this dress!!! This is what you want to see at Cannes!! The colours complimented her so well, the top of the dress was just as amazing as the bottom, and her hair and make up was faultless. My best dressed of day 4!


BLAKE LIVELY
Blake is my best dressed overall so far at the festival. Every single outfit she has wore has been absolutely faultless. From dress to jumpsuit, she has been a true show stopper. Obsessed with her, she can do no wrong. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be this dress but even at that, I have loved everything she has wore. 10/10 Blake, knock it out the park!


CHRIS LEE
My first worst dressed is 100% going to be Chris Lee and her look from day 4. I've went on the record many times and said how I love black on the red carpets but this was a monstrosity! Bin bag comes to mind, infact bin in general! Horrible on all levels. I think a different material and a more sleek dress with the deep plunge would have been all the vamp goodness I love, but this is horrid. Don't know who dressed her, perhaps the visually impaired! 


CHLOE SEVIGNY
I'm literally just going to leave this here. I'm lost for words if I'm being perfectly honest, I think little bo peep may have lost her sheep... and style!!!!!!!


XIAO WEN JU
For the first time, I want you guys to leave your comments on how you think Xiao dressed. I love hearing what you have got to say, be a fashion critic like myself for the day. Best or worst dressed?! Write below!! 
Until next time guys..

Kx

Inquiries/Collabs/Emails - kerryobx@hotmail.com


32 comments:

  1. Cannes is big celebration of cinema and the glam world. The celebrities do look fabulous in those regal dresses. Blake Lively does look gorgeous but my personal favourites are Indian beauties Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post which surprised me as it's not my normal thing. I liked seeing the outfits but my special delight were the worst ones. Totally agree with the bin liner comment! That's what sprung to my mind too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your comments about the best and worst dressed. I don't love XIAO WEN JU's dress. It looks incomplete to me like it needs something more to it. But I agree on your best dressed list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake is my favourite as well! I would choose that gorgeous dress - well, if i had a body like she has :D She always looks fresh and chic. Like she had just woke up and picked up something from her closet and it just happened to be perfect, not trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Araya's dress is absolutely gorgeous, so many stars looked so great at Cannes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Cannes as the city itself is overrated. The festival is not about movies and glamour anymore, but only about buzz. But yes, some dresses are beautiful and it's nice to see some high fashion on actresses like that. But some others...like Kendal Jenner... In my opinion, the film festival has lost its magic on the red carpet, but as well inside the "Palais des Festivals" where the movies are only chosen by some kind of elite people that everyone follows despite the fact it feels obviously set up. The Film Festival is not what it used to be when there was some Taxi Driver, Apocalypse Now or Pulp Fiction. It's only about fashion, models, buzz and set up selections now. And with all of this, the French people from Cannes have to support the population multiplied by 3 where you litteraly can't even walk :p Despite everything, I loved your fashion comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dresses are so gorgeous. And isn't Blake Lively pregnant too? You can never tell, she looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite has to be Arya's gorgeous floral concoction what a way to make a statement. Chris Lee's dress is not my cup of tea it looks awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannes is absolutely amazing. Being an Indian, I kept mostly track of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor for this year. Both looked nice although Aishwarya's purplr lipstick was a strict no for me and sonam's White gown was a bit too long and draggy :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these dresses are gorgeous but if I have to choose one, I would go for Daria Strokous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ladies all like FABULOUS! My favorite gown would have to be Blake Lively's, I love the lines- very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow Kendall on snapchat and I couldn't get over how gorgeous she was, as you said she's very natural but my favorite dess has to be blake lively's. She was so stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the way she dressed worked for her. It was very bold and took a lot but I think it worked for her. However, I would look so bad in an outfit like that! haha. Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blake's dress is my favourite too! It's so stylish and elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to admit I'm not a fan of Kendall Jenner's dress at the festival. Maybe because I know I could never wear something like that xD I love Blake Lively's though and can't wait to see her new film!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blake Lively looks absolutely stunning!

    <3: Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  18. those outfits look amazing, being a diy person i love the detail of each and every one of them!
    Therese Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW some gorgeous looks, I agree, blake's is my favourite, followed very closely by Kendall, she looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great list! I love Blake Lively and all but Araya Hargate's dress is just absoolutely stunning. I love it. and I love all the dresses in your list. Yes, they are all gorgeous.

    Caren | carenshope.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I personally don't like what Xiao is wearing, it falls flat with her face and makeup! But Blake Lively on the other hand won hands down, gorgeous!! :)
    xx, Kusum | www.sveeteskapes.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blake looked great in that dress, especially from behind! The girl is working with some booty. That last dress really isn't doing it for me, I think it looks cheap and like she hasn't put any effort into styling. It lacks glamour, something I really feel is needed on the Cannes red carpet.

    Kelly Knows It | A life and style blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kendal Jenner as favorite for sure! Sexy but not over-exposed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous set of dresses at the event! The stars look utterly amazing! Well, I don't love Blake's dress, but the rest are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great to see someone else who loves looking at beautiful dresses! Probably my favorite part of major film festivals! :)

    Cindy | http://www.laviemoderneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am not really into fashion but I have heard of the Cannes festival and from these photos it must be something. Quite breathtaking photos there. http://giiybu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Am not really into fashion but I have heard of the Cannes festival and from these photos it must be something. Quite breathtaking photos there. http://giiybu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favourite dress here would be the one by Blake Lively. Sexy and glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Chloe Sevigny always looks crazy! I feel like it's her thing. I think Blake Lively is the best dressed too! She knows just how to show off her figure.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Blake Lively is the winner for me! she always looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Kendall's and Blake's dresses so much!

    ReplyDelete