Friday 11 March 2016

Cruelty Free - The Only Way To Go!!

Hello my loves, the weekend is here! Soo ready for a few days of down time. After my requested cruelty free lip products post, you guys wanted more. I'm going to squeeze as many cruelty free make up brands into this post as possible, so be prepared for a whole lotta reading!..


Cruelty free products are so important! If humans don't want to test their products on themselves, then why should innocent animals with no voice to speak for themselves have to. I'm 100% animal friendly and my make up bag has been that way throughout my late teens till now. I don't want to bash any other companies, but if your make up expertise starts and ends with Mac, then I think you need a reality check. I've listed below all cruelty free brands, low, mid and high end, that I am aware of;
ILLAMASQUA-BARE MINERALS-TARTE-TOO FACED-NARS-ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS-BECCA-URBAN DECAY-NYX-MILANI-HARD CANDY-PIXI-GOSH-MIRELLE COSMETICS-SONIA KASHUK- THE BODY SHOP- JEFFREE COSMETICS-KAT VON D COSMETICS-FARSALI-COLOR POP- SUGAR PILL-BH COSMETICS-MAKE UP GEEK-ARBONNE-SUGAR VENOM-COVER FX. 

There is probably tons more, but these are the ones I actually use or have experience with. I let you know a little about a few of them in my last post. So I'm going to let you know about a few more and my favourite products.

-MID TO HIGH END BRANDS-


Becca 
The first product from Becca I want to talk about is their shimmering skin pressed perfector. Highlight and strobing is fast becoming the new contouring. The glow you get from this is on a different level. More and more make up youtubers are using this on their tutorials and its totally understandable. Nothing can hold a candle to it and the brand is completely cruelty free. I have linked it here for anyone who wants to buy it. You won't regret it honestly, try it and thank me afterwards.
The second thing is their under eye brightening corrector. If you are someone (like me) who goes for a really bright under eye, then this should be your holy grail! Its got that pearl effect and brightens any area it is put on. Obviously its for under eyes and if your also someone who suffers from dark circles then again this should be in your make up bag. I could literally go on about this product all day, its amazing! If I ever set up my own youtube channel, I will show you how good this is. You can purchase it here.


Tarte
Had to mention Tarte's amazonian clay full coverage 12 hour foundation. You could literally go through a storm and this wouldn't shift. I sampled this when I was in Canada visiting family and I wore it the day I was at Niagra Falls. I went on the boat that goes up to the falls, I was drenched head to toe but the foundation didn't shift. I'm going to order more because I'm seriously obsessed. Tarte is also Vegan friendly for all who would like to know. I haven't tried any of their other products but I will be pretty soon and will post up a haul when I do, I know you will all love it. You can buy the foundation here.

Illamasqua
I have so many Illamsqua products I couldn't just mention a few. Their skin base foundation again is one of my favourites. Its buildable, the colours are amazing and it has the lasting power. Their skin base lifts are amazing too along with their eyeshadows and contouring products. Illamasqua should easily be the new Mac, I think it is under-rated by most. Visit the website.

-LOW END BRANDS-


Milani
Milani is a very reasonably priced brand. I got a few of their matte lipsticks whilst in the states and thought they were worth a mention. They are so pigmented and they have a range of colours to suit everyone. '69 Matte beauty' is still one of my favourites 3 years on from purchasing it. You can buy them here.


The Body Shop
They have been around forever and still outlast other brands. I had one of their foundations many years ago when I was just starting to wear make up so I was pretty young. I will say it kept my skin fresh, I never broke out or anything and I used it for years until another came along. One thing I do still use however is their body butter in coconut. Me and my sister have used this since we were about 15, she actually put me on to it. It keeps my skin soft and glowing! After I exfoliate in the shower, I always apply this. I never ever get sick of the smell. They are super affordable and the tub goes a long way. You can buy it here.

Honourable mention goes to Arbonne again. Since finding out about them and their products through a friend, I think everybody should be using their products. My friend is actually looking to work with bloggers to promote this brand with some amazing deals and free products. You can email her anastasiamccrear@hotmail.co.uk or visit the website on http://anastasiamccrear.arbonne.com/. Bloggers get in there quick for a chance to collaborate!!

Cruelty and testing on animals is very real and needs to be stopped! Continuing to buy these products and support the brands who test on animals isn't doing the cause any favours. If its not good enough for our skin, then its most definitely not for an innocent creature. Please read into the products you are buying, there are so many products above, some more affordable than others. Thanks to the people who requested this post, as always get in touch with what you want to see. Have a great weekend guys, until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Email - kerryobx@hotmail.com
Instagram - kerryobyrne


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for these! Ive been meaning to grab the Becca shimmering perfecter. Even better to know its cruelty free! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body shop products are bit common..Even I got it..its good..Especially the smell..who don't love it !!!
    Mini Noms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every brand should be cruelty free! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dalai Lama XIV: Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's indeed distressing to know how animals are tortured for our luxuries and pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No more cruelty. If everyone speaks up we might get this done.

    - http://www.iamvagabond.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coconut body butter sounds amazing. I love all products based on coconut, my newest lipbalm is actually Burt's Bees coconut and it is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually going to be working with arebornne saying that and do you happen to know if Sleek is cruelty free as I use it and I am a little worried in case it tests on animals. Could you do a post listing all the brands that do test on animals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On their website they state they don't test on animals so you are okay. I don't have any sleek products or I would have included them. Yes Ana , I will do that post for you. Thanks :)

      Delete
  9. I agree with you too! I am very much against testing on animals and do not support the brands that do. I would also like to add that you have a wonderful blog :)

    www.Ka5thleen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this post. I am so much against animal testing, and I wish people would leave animals alone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never ever tried Becca and Tarte! Now I know that they are cruelty free, I want them more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an interesting read. It's really great to know which brands are cruelty free.

    Ami xxx

    ReplyDelete