Monday 21 March 2016

Easter Week - Films For The Family

Hi loves, as usual the weekend went by within a blink of an eye! Easter week is upon us and I thought it would be quite cool to do this Easter films post. I mean lets be honest, we all spend most of Easter Sunday with our family, eating copious amounts of chocolate and watching films! Now I've switched it up so there is a film for every age group, so lets get started! ..


Similar to Christmas, the purpose of Easter can be clouded by Easter eggs, hats, activities and so on, but the real point obvcourse is the resurrection of our Lord. For those who practice the Christian faith, I'm sure you will all agree, one of the first films that comes to mind is The Greatest Story Ever Told. Following his birth in Bethlehem to his Death and resurrection, its such an amazing story and runs for 4 hours and 20 minutes. It touches on many aspects of Jesus' life including his Baptism by John the Baptist. It's age appropriate for all members of the family, there is others like Passion of the Christ but its far too gory and full on for the kids. This has the realness, the sadness but also the happiness of Jesus' mission. If you are a member on Amazon Prime, you can get the film for a great price here. Its a must have for sure!


Next is Hop. Made by the creators of Despicable Me and the director of Alvin and The Chipmunks, this will be a hit for the little ones! It's set on Easter Island, what is more Easter-y than that? AND its full of rabbits and chicks! The Easter bunny's son heads to Hollywood, determined to become the drummer in a rock n roll band. Its a super cute story, filled with laughs which all the family will love. I think its one of the films like Shrek, its a proper family film which never gets old. I don't want to say too much and ruin it for you guys, but its a must have especially if you have any kids!


I thought I'd squeeze this family favourite in. I swear most members of my family could play any part of this collection. The theme tune of Police Academy just reminds me of family and being with them. I'm not sure what the age restriction is of these films, but I don't think there is anything major rude or anything. It's mainly puns which young kids probably wouldn't understand but its a great watch if you have teenage kids. I've seen this film so many times however I still have them on record so I can watch them whenever I want. You will fall in love with all of the characters and they will have you in stitches. Classic films which always have a place in the family, if you haven't watched them you need to check them out!


Next up is Easter Parade. It is a must watch musical at Easter!On the day before Easter, Don Hewes is crushed when his dance partner refuses to start a new contact with him. He then hires a naive chorus girl to become his new partner to prove he can make any partner a star and ultimately make his old partner jealous. It's such a great musical number featuring Judy Garland and Fred Astair. Suitable for all members of the family, it really does make a perfect Easter film.


Another family favourite which is normally on tv on Good Friday is Ben Hur. When a Jewish prince is sent into slavery by a Roman friend, he regains his freedom and comes back for his revenge. When he returns to search for his mother and sister, he finds they are were summonsed to the Valley of the Lepers after contracting the disease whilst imprisoned. The film touches upon Jesus' story and features his crucifixion in which when he dies, his mother and sister are healed. Full of betrayal and action, Ben Hur will always be one of my favourite old movies. It won so many awards, you can see them here. Even though the film was made in 1959, the quality of this film never fades. The costumes, the backdrops, the scenery, they all look amazing on my Viera 4k TV. Such a timeless film!


Lastly, I wanted to squeeze this in. Its not an Easter film however it will be released in Cinemas in the UK this Monday which is Easter Monday. The trailers look amazing and we're all dying to see how Ben Affleck will measure up as Batman. It will most definitely be the film to see this Easter if not the film of the year!So excited to see it, just had to get it in.

Whats your favourite Easter film?? Get in touch!! I've got a lot coming this week for you guys including more Easter themes! As always, let me know what you want to see and send me your requests. More cruelty free brands coming your way as requested too. Have a lovely Monday my sweets! Until next time..

Kx

Requests/Collabs/Emails - kerryobx@hotmail.com

18 comments:

  1. First, my Easter Greetings to you! :) loved your selection of movies, and watching good cinema with family on holidays is great fun. Thank-you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that the story of easter has been forgotten. We are not a religious family as such, but it is still important to me that our children understand that there is more to easter than just chocolate.

    And I love the movie Hop!! So much fun!

    We are off to see Batman vs Superman on Easter Friday, without the kids(!), so that's two reasons to look forward to it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those movies seem great. But you're right we have forgotten the true meaning of Easter. Which is really called Resurrection Sunday. Instead of movies listening to familyradio.org will give you the true meaning of the season. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Police Academy spent many Sundays watching them all. Can't wait to go and see batman vs superman this week might even put up a review about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch many movies but after reading this, I'm tempted to watch Easter Parade. Thanks for sharing this list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy most of these films - I do not think I have a "favorite Easter film," though - too hard to decide! Police Academy is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerry I also love watching movies, too bad I will be busy this easter and may end up not watching any. Nice collection anyway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spending time with family is the best thing to do in festivals. And what can be better than to watch some good movies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to watch a cartoon called Police Academy! It was very entertaining!! My little bro wants to see Batman vs. Superman ASAP!! Thanks for sgaring this movies xx

    GIGI | https://bmobshelldrawer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never go wrong with the old Police Academy. I remember evenings of laughter cause of that movie series, from when I was a child. Definitely very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow happy Easter to you. Thank you for a film list- think I will be treating my chipmunks to one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I much prefer watching movies instead although chocolate is good too! I love the sound of HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely list, though this could work on any family gathering. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great selection of movies. I think this is a good choice. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who would have thought, Easter movies! Good idea for a family activity. thanks!

    Desi
    http://www.heelsnbeauty.deals

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting and some great ideas - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete