Monday 7 March 2016

Skin Secrets Volume 1

Hello my little loves! Monday again, I hope you are all fighting the blues. I mentioned yesterday that I was working on something exciting, I am currently designing a top that all my readers will be able to buy! Super excited, I know you all will be behind me in buying it. I'm aiming to have it done in the next few days. Over the last few weeks I've been sent a ton of stuff, a lot of it has been skincare so I've picked out the ones I have liked for you today and also some products I've used over the years and love. There will be more coming but for now, here is volume 1.. 


Lets start with one of my old favourites. St Ives was voted UK's number 1 face scrub brand and quite rightly so. I use the Naturally Clear blemish fighting apricot scrub. It effectively lifts away surface oils and dirt that can lead to blackheads and blemishes. Its good to scrub your face 2-3 times a week, and I love this stuff because it has the little grains which get deep into the skin. I'm not a spotty person but I get the odd one around that time(don't we all girls!) so I find this stuff a Godsend! It contains salicylic acid which helps fights spots and you will 100% notice a different after your first few uses. The apricot smell is fresh, it doesn't dry out the skin and it keeps it clear, are you sold yet? Its amazing, I always buy mine from Superdrug, they have it on offer just now for £1.99, worth a try! 
Buy it here.


Next are these Biore Ultra Pore Strips. I was sent these to try and was very impressed with the results that I had to feature them. Pore strips have always been around, I remember having them in my teens and to be honest, I never had great results with any. These definitely get the job done! With all nose strips you need to wet your nose as they wont stick on dry skin. I normally leave mine on for about 15-20 minutes, just however long it takes to dry, then simply peal it off. If your pores are fairly bad on your nose, you will notice a difference after your first use for sure. Again, you shouldn't use these more than once every three days. They are £7.99 from Superdrug.
Buy them here.


Next up is Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I always use gentle products on my face because I don't like to use anything too harsh. I was sent this to try and I really love it! I got the 236ml bottle so it will last me forever! I found this balanced out my skin more and didn't leave it dry or tight. It agreed with my sensitive skin so it gets a thumbs up from me. It also doubles up as a face wash or a cleanser which is great. I forgot to mention before, when taking any face wash off make sure you pat your skin and don't rub it especially with a towel. Doing this can irritate the skin. Great product, will be loved by any sensitive skin sufferer! Can get it for £8.99 from Boots.
Buy it here.


This is one of my favourite moisturisers for years! Again for sensitive skin, it light and it does was it is supposed to. A few years ago I decided to try Superdrug's own make of moisturiser and I've been pleasantly surprised ever since! Very cheap but goes the mile! They are fragrance free and contain an SPF to keep your face protected in the sun, which you should always do! Seriously get on to this, its £1.29 and packs a punch. Thank me later!!
Buy it here. 


Now this one is a bit out there price wise but you have to know about it! It is Bobbi Browns Vitamin enriched face base. The texture and weight is so light, its heaven! This also doubles as a primer which is another reason why I love it so much. My make up goes on so smoothe when using this. After using the sample I was sent, I had to buy myself one. Its £39.00 but its money well spent I promise you. Also check out the hydrating eye cream, another must have! 
Buy it here.


Last but not least is Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour all over miracle oil. Anyone who follows me on social media would have seen the cuter that cute parcel I was sent containing this cream. Its a multi-tasking formula for the face, body and hair. I had my mum and aunt using this too and they loved it! It keeps the skin smoothe and hydrated, softens the hair and has a pleasant scent. For something that has many uses, this is well worth the purchase! It has definitely impressed my household, you can get it for £29.00.
Buy it here.


I thought I'd squeeze in a little tip that I have been doing since I was about 15. Keeping your lips exfoliated is something most people forget. I have used my own little mix of ingredients to create my own lip exfoliator for years and it works wonders for me. Its made from brown sugar and Makuna honey! Makuna honey has many antibacterial uses, also if you have just squeezed a pimple, its good to take the redness out! Use half a spoonful of brown sugar and a squeeze of the honey and mix. Then take some on your finger and scrub your lips. It might feel harsh, but both ingredients are beneficial to the lips so don't worry. Simply wipe off and your done! Apply some Vaseline or lip balm afterwards. Let me know if any of you try it, you won't be disappointed.

Well guys there you have it, my skin secrets that you asked for. I hope you are all pleased, if you try any of these please let me know how you get on, I'd love to hear it! As I said I will be working on my top and as soon as it's ready I will share the link with you all. I'm hoping to price it at £10, I want to keep it in a good price range and not have it too expensive. I'm so excited about it, I can't wait to share it!! As always, get in touch with your requests. I will be working on the style steals that I was sent at the end of last week so they will be here shortly. Have a great day my loves, until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Emails - kerryobx@hotmail.com
Instagram - kerryobyrne 

12 comments:

  1. These all seems super interesting, I need to do some research if any of these products is good for my picky skin:-)

    <3: Jasmin N | littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use pore strips religiously! I loved seeing everything that was pulled out when removing the strip. I've heard good things about St. Ives, but have never tried them myself.

    Erin | www.awelderswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive tried the St Ives scrub. It's pretty bad :( It damages your skin crazy. Ive stopped using it. But I would like to try out the Cetaphil facial cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great, I haven't tried any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the honey and brown sugar tip! Super helpful and super green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some good products, are they suitable for someone with exzema?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cetaphil is suitable for all skin types, maybe give that a try. Let me know if you do :)!

      Delete
  7. I used to have that St Ives cleanser! I stopped using it though, it was too harsh for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the honey idea, I've never thought about that before! I'm totally gonna try it out, and it's gonna be great for my lips especially after this winter and dry air!

    Jasmine / www.jasminekeclipse.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never uses pore strips, I heard that they are not as amazing :( but I do use a mask for my nose that deep cleanses it and kind of does the job

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always used this face scrub and I love it !! Thank god my skin isn't sensitive so I'm not scared to try this pore strips... even tho it's really oily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those products sound fabulous. I like to use soft face cleanser, that clean my skin deep, but not harshing it.

    ReplyDelete