Friday 18 March 2016

Skin Secrets Volume 2

Hey guys. The weekend has landed! I don't know about you but I can't wait for a lie in tomorrow! Now you know I had been trying a ton of skin products to review for you all. Some made the cut and some fell short. Here is my skin secrets volume 2 along with some old faithful's and tricks!..


This has been one of my skin secrets for years. Mario Badescu is a very respected name definitely deserves it! This rose water spray works wonders. Its my must have whilst on holiday. I don't like my face being in the sun too much, but if you are and feel your skin getting a bit dry, a few sprays of this hydrates the skin instantly and gives it a glow. I've heard people using it as a primer also however I prefer using it as a setting spray after I've done my make up as it gives the dewy/glowing finish. I buy mine from beauty bay, super affordable and goes a long way. Love, love, love it!! 

Whilst talking about his products, I had to squeeze this beauty in. Have you ever had one of the under the skin, painful spots that literally NEVER grow a head and refuse to budge? This drying lotion is like a gift from the gods. It doesn't totally take the spot away, but it's 100% less noticable come the morning. As it is drying lotion, you need to be careful. Dip a cotton bud/q-tip into the lotion and dab it directly on the spot, you don't want to dry up any other part of the skin so that is why I would recommend doing this. It is a bit aggressive, I only use it when I get one of the painful spots as I mentioned above. If it's a little pimple or you want to get rid of redness, I have a different option for you later. It is a definite must have in an emergency, I'm pretty sure Kylie Jenner featured this in a snap chat as well if you are a fan. Again, I get mine from beauty bay. So affordable and you will have it forever. I've had mine for well over a year and its still going strong. A little tip that my Dad gave me which is probably so damaging to the skin, but Vodka also does the same! Dab a tiny bit directly on the spot before you go to bed and it will have dried the spot up for the next morning. Apply a bit of moisturiser then apply your make up and your good to go.


Next is Simple micellar water. Again, I tend to use gentle products to avoid drying or irritating my face and skin. I can't express enough how bad it is to sleep with make up on. We've all been there after a night out - literally falling into bed, which is okay for a one off, but not consistently. You can use this to remove your make up and cleanse at the same time, which is fab! This means you can skip the make up wipe stage totally. You need to be able to let your skin breathe and it is most important at night. You know the old beauty sleep chestnut? But it is very true! Your skin rejuvenates and works to tackle any imperfections over night. Going to sleep with a full face of make up on doesn't allow this. Its a must girls, don't feel insecure, were all no oil paintings before bed! 


Now here is a little secret of mine. People splash out on spot creams and creams to remove spot scarring, but I have this secret weapon that everybody will probably have in their house - Sudocrem! I know I have mentioned the drying lotion above, but sudocrem doesn't dry the skin, it heals and protects and quite frankly works wonders! I know a lot of people who actually apply this like a face mask, but I only ever have one problem area which will show its face around that particular time of the month*sigh*. My nurse actually told me to try it out and I've been hooked ever since. It will be so much better than any other cream/lotion you can buy that is filled with empty promises. It wont make the spot disappear, but it certainly takes all redness out of it which ultimately makes it less noticable and I've found it takes the swelling down on it and shrinks its size. Another little tip - put a dab of savlon on after you pop a spot. Its anti-septic powers will cut the healing process time in half. You can get both of these from any Chemist, Boots, Superdrug etc. As I said you will probably already have them, but if you don't you really need them, they cost little to nothing, thank me later!


Lastly, my secret to glowing skin is water! Over the last year, I have started to take care of myself a bit better. I very rarely have soft drinks unless I am out at a restraunt, but even then I prefer to drink water. I know quite a few people who have wanted to lose weight and have ditched the soft drinks for water and the pounds fly off! I never used to be without a bottle of coke or irn bru but it is very rare now. Water keeps the skin hydrated, it gives it a nice glow and brightens it up. A decent nights sleep and water is a killer combination. Some people brag on how many litres of water they can drink in a day but as long as you are keeping yourself hydrated, the quantity doesn't matter. 

If any of you give these a try, please let me know your results. They might not be for everyone, but I'm sure these products will agree with most if not all skin types. What are you're skin secrets? Don't forget to share! As always, get in touch with what you want to see. I wish you all an amazing weekend whatever you have in store. Mine will be very low key as I am going to see Adele next weekend which I'm super excited for!! Have a great night loves, until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Collabs/Emails - kerryobx@hotmail.com


28 comments:

  1. Not drinking enough water is one of my massive issues and I need to make an effort to drink more x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had previously had oily skin and never really bothered with moisturizing. Now as I age, it is a thought process that I have to realize I now DO need to moisturize and drink more water of course. Thanks for the produce reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking enough water is crucial I think. It keeps us from drying out - and I think that includes our skin, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to add too. Optimal nutrition is important too. Plus exercise to promote the release of enzymes our body needs. All this helps in having better skin, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple is my favorite brand ever when it comes to skin care, but you really can't overstate the importance of drinking enough water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve never heard of Mario Badescu before. Seems like a great brand with amazing skin products! I’d like to try the rose water spray! Agree drinking enough water is essential!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drinking enough water is really important! I've never heard about this brand before, seems interesting tho !

    <3: Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of Mario Badescu but I have never used him before! I might have to try it out soon now, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been using Mario Badascu fir several years. I go yo their spa in New York at least once a year to get a facial. Love their stuff! And you are right water is the key to so many things when it comes to skin and your health in general!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been using Mario Badascu fir several years. I go yo their spa in New York at least once a year to get a facial. Love their stuff! And you are right water is the key to so many things when it comes to skin and your health in general!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, water's so important and I know I don't drink enough : ) Do you by chance have a reliable product you tried to target deep wrinkles? Lily @ lilydaily.com (I tried to leave comment as open ID but message said the "credentials could not be verified).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sudocreams probably what I need the most! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for these products... I always love reading other peoples reviews on what has worked for them. I may have to purchase some of these products when I use the rest of mine up : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg if that drying lotion can help solve those pesky under the skin spots then I'm definitely investing in some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need a bottle of that Sudocream. I am super accident prone, and am always dealing with cuts and burns, this sounds like a good option for reducing the swelling and preventing infection. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of it but it seems more interesting. I will try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never heard of it but it seems more interesting. I will try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Staying hydrated is very important, I couldn't agree more !I want me some Mario Badescu !!I heard they are amazing products.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post hun! I'm so glad to see someone talking about Simple's Micellar Water, I've been dying to try it for a while but didn't want to invest without seeing someone's thoughts first. Will definitely give it a try now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice read, as you mentioned water is really very important for the skin which we usually neglect. Thanks for the post. - Rashmi Chalukya

    ReplyDelete
  21. My skin is so sensitive so things like tea tree I can't use as I am allergic but I like the sound of the rose water that might work well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've wanted to make my own rose water for a while now. Doesn't seem like it's hard to do. I also need to drink more water! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I drink lots of water but it does'n help my face..I liked your post about first product. I will see if I can get it in store or online.. I would like to buy it.
    Good post
    Mini Noms

    ReplyDelete
  24. I drink tons of water! I have lots of samples of sudo cream and Simple. I have used the Sudo cream n my cracked knuckles. I'll have to check out the first one, it looks frea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Drinking more water definitely makes a world of difference. I started doing it about a year ago and my skin, hair, and nails have all shown improvements! I may even try the rose water and see how that works, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sudocream really did wonders to my skin, as I deal with an allergy every now and then. It was recommended by a dermatologist to me and it's one of the best things ever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I did not know any of these, apart from the water hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All of these are new to me. Well, except for drinking water.. and I fail on that. Anyways, thanks for sharing! I'd be on a look out for something like these..

    ReplyDelete