Tuesday 15 March 2016

#StopSlaughter

Hi loves, hope you are all well. I wanted to go with something different today. You all know I only post/review cruelty free products and I'm a huge animal lover. There has been a poaching crisis going on for some time now and itv news dedicated a full half hour to it yesterday and what I seen quite frankly disgusted me to the very core! You guys stand with me on these matters and always ask for more cruelty free posts so I want to dedicate this to the poaching crisis for those who may or may not know about it. These are my own views..


I'm not going to bombard you with the pictures of how cruel and inhumane these people are, but you really do need to see these images to understand how terrible the matter is. Below is a room, filled from floor to ceiling, of elephant tusks. To think of the massacre that went on for these poor animals to be stripped of a body part and for what, ivory?! There are people in the world who need blood, kidney and liver transplants to name a few. This doesn't mean these people hold you down and rip you of your organs! That is exactly what is happening to these innocent creatures! There is 30-40 thousand elephants killed each year for their tusks, what an absolute disgrace. These animals don't bother us, they live out in the wild and go about their business. Baby's watch their mothers being ripped apart by poachers only to face the same fatality. Do these people not think animals have feelings?! Poachers kill these animals for the pay off, they don't think for a second what it is doing to our world. There might be times when elephants have killed humans for whatever reason, but when they are left alone, they do no harm to anyone. Every 15 minutes, an elephant is killed by a poacher, every 15 minutes!! If these animals were wiping us out as quick, I'm sure these poachers would have a different outlook.


There are two different specie of  African Rhino - black and white. Only 5,000 black African rhinos remain on this earth according to WWF and are critically endangered, 20,000 white rhino left. All these poachers want is the pay off from the black market. Rhino horn is said to be more valuable by weight than gold, diamonds and cocaine. Is that how sad the human race has become, more interested in money than lives?? These people will soon learn there is far more to life than money, its so very sad. Asian countries also use powdered horn for medicines and it is also seen as a status symbol. There is nothing that can justify this, taking life's and claiming to benefit others. I understand some villages struggle with these animals as they eat their crops, take their water etc, but leave it to the professionals who can safely move these animals and help the matter for both parties. There was a time when humans depended on these animals to get about with day to day life. Now that money is involved, it all seems to be forgotten. Think of when you take your children to the zoo or even yourself visiting one as a child. It's simply amazing to see these creatures in their natural habitat and it's such a beautiful sight for everyone. Would you take your kids to see these animals being slaughtered?? We have 5-10 years to save the rhino, it needs to be done! It's not just happening with the elephants and rhino's, this is happening with many species. How many of you remember last year when Cecil the lion fell to poachers? This animal was the biggest attraction at Hwange National Park and was being studied by the University of Oxford. An innocent, beautiful animal that brought nobody any harm, killed by a dentist for what?! Satisfaction? In my opinion, these poachers should face the same outcome they impose on these animals.

Animals become a part of the family, we love them just like our own. Could you imagine your pet being killed for its fur or for one of its body parts? Just because these animals are in the wild, doesn't mean we should stop caring for them. If it keeps going this way, these beautiful animals will be extinct. Is this what we want? These poachers need to be stopped and there are people out there trying to do this. The IAPF (international anti-poaching foundation) amongst others are putting a stop to these people. We need to get behind them and save these animals. It wasn't acceptable when Hitler tried to wipe out Jewish people, so it shouldn't be acceptable to wipe out these animals. We need to start looking at these animals as equals. Human or animal, nobody should decide wether we should live or not. People are jailed and even sentenced to death themselves for killing other humans, these animals deserve the exact same justice. Please do your research and look into these foundations. I will link some below. We all need to spread this awareness and put a stop to this.

It's a bit of a downer post I know, but it needs to be said. Thank you to all my animal loving readers who always request more friendly and inspirational posts. I hope this post has struck a chord within you all to realise the damage these people are doing. As always get in touch with what you want to see, I've got your style steals coming tomorrow. Until next time..

Kx

Inquiries/Collabs/Email - kerryobx@hotmail.com




35 comments:

  1. It's very sad to see animals being slaughtered and treated badly. The TV adverts that often come on different channels make me feel depressed seeing the poor animals in distress. It's always a good idea to donate money to save animals.

    Fatima | www.blogsbyfa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also something very close to my heart. It's horrific what humans can do sometimes. I will definitely be more considerate when it comes to my makeup now. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think social media, especially facebook has given people a front seat to animal cruelty. I've seen a lot of disturbing videos of farming,people hunting and even killing poor innocent animals. The most disturbing one was, seeing a young girl throwing puppies into the river. It's horrible and I wish it would stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People who hunt in order to have food is one thing, but hunting animals just for profit or just to get its horns, skin, head or any other trophy is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no terrifying species than humans. There was a time when the earth was more greener and animals lived in their natural habitat. Then humans happened and everything turned upside down. Hey guess what we are looking for an earth like planet in the next solar system. I sincerely hope it doesn't become possible

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never saw the allure or luster to the way we as humans mistreat animals so terribly. It breaks my heart. Hunting for food is one thing but hunting to sell some random aesthetic piece of the animal is just awful. And I really really REALLY cringe when I see people taking pictures with dead animals... like.... ugh... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a strong problem ! This is terrifying ! Tis to social media then cruel news are shared and this is very important for people to know what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's absolutely horrible. It has to be stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm horrified ! I'd like to write something about this topic ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just hearing about the topic of animal cruelty makes me deeply upset and sad. This needs to be stopped. More people need to be made aware of this. Thank you for your post, it definitely brought out the brutal, ugly truth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A number of animals are endangered because we encroach on their territory so much, so how can they survive if we poach them, too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well said Kerry, it sickens me that poachers think it is their right to kill innocent wild animals for the fun of it. I remember hearing about the giraffe at Copenhagen zoo who was dismembered for the whole zoo to watch, I saw the video and I wish I didn't as this poor baby giraffe lived its last days dying in front of a crowd. Then there was poor Cecily the lion who was killed for fun and what about that female poacher who poses with dead wild animals that she shoots? Disgusting all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very close to my heart! It's so sad. Awareness is the key!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sad. I hate hearing about how animals are hurt for any reasons. I did like your analogy of saying how we wouldn't hurt a person for valuable items so we should give the respect to animals too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why are we humans so damn cruel not only to each other and to other creatures on this Planet?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These people have no hearts! I know that in Africa there are rangers that follow the rhinos and they have permission to kill poachers. And they do encounter and kill them, which I think is fantastic. Also, I have read about this pink dye that stains the tusks making them useless for poachers but they don't harm the animals. I think that is a great solution in stopping the killings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, to saving animals. Stop animal slaughtering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing. I wish we as humans had a greater respect for all of God's creatures, animals, humans,....... In our ego we too often kill for our own selfish gains.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so sad to hear the loss of animals for something so stupid, animals have feelings too! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so sad that these innocent animals became victims. We humans have become so selfish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh, even the one picture you have posted disgusts me! I can't believe an elephant is killed every 15 minutes! Had no idea the number was that high :/

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so sad!! I can't believe that!! People who hunt for food is one thing, but hunting animals just for fun... just ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This truly breaks my heart! I hate how people kill animals for pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't handle animal cruelty, nothing makes me sadder. It needs to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really feel sad hearing about animal cruelty and people doing terrible things to animals. This is a very heartfelt post and we all need to demand more action against Animal Cruelty and stop using products made with such.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's really horrible! That's why i like animals more than people.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so sad! I don't get why people have to do this! This kind of things must be put to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  28. looking at the tusks just made my stomach churn! its really sad!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really hate this, I just don't see why anyone would want to do this or have any part in it! I know its not a pleasant read but its an important one and everyone needs to make a stand against it. People riding elephants on holiday is a serious hate of mine! They are treated horrendously in order to be trained and it makes me angry when I see pictures of people on holiday smiling away sat on an elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sad that in this day and age this still goes on. I am with you on this. It needs to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's so sad to see such beautiful animals being slaughtered over tusks!

    www.southernsoulblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. My heart breaks every time I see suffering animals, great post, it is good to rise awareness,

    Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so sad. I can't believe an elephant is poached every 15 minutes. I love elephants. I don't know why the world has to be like this. Awareness on any sensitive topic is always essential x

    ReplyDelete
  34. If you want to get me angry quickly and hate humans, just let me see these kind of things. I am such an animal's rights kind of person, this boils my blood!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hate reading about such mindless cruelty :(
    What also annoyes me is e.g. when people when they are on their vacations, visit places which keep wild animals captured and just have fun obliviouos to the fact that those animals suffer throughout their whole lives ;/

    ReplyDelete